Denon DJ’s MC4000 is a 2 deck Serato DJ controller for the professional entertainer wrapping in demand audio manipulation tools in a robust steel chassis for rugged durability. In addition to precision touch activated jog wheels, performers get access to dedicated hot cue and sample pads for on the fly creativity.
Long throw 100mm pitch faders and an intuitive control layout deliver natural operation when balancing complex set elements. A particularly useful feature—and virtually unheard of at the MC4000’s modest price point—is Balanced Booth Outputs, which feeds the program signal to a set of local monitor speakers near the DJ, with the ability to adjust the Booth level independent of the main level.
The MC4000 includes Serato DJ Lite and is user upgradable to full Serato DJ Pro. It’s also compatible with Traktor 2, Algoriddim djay Pro and Virtual DJ 8, as well as any other DJ application that supports MIDI mapping. This enables the DJ to use their use their favorite programs and customize their performance according to their personal style and the requirements of the situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the MC4000 class compliant? Do I need to install a driver?
The MC400 is a class compliant device on a Mac. Drivers are available for Windows PCs for the most optimal performance.
Is Serato DVS supported with the MC4000?
The MC4000 has 2 channels. For DVS functionality, additional channels are required, so DVS is not a supported function.
Pad Mode is not working for me, why?
Most likely you are using Serato DJ Intro. Pad Mode will only work in the full version of Serato DJ.
What DJ software will the MC4000 work with?
- Serato DJ 1.7.8 and later (15 day trial until your purchase the software with 50 percent discount voucher card)
- Serato DJ Intro 1.2.6 and later
- Virtual DJ 8
- Traktor Pro 2.9.
Is the crossfader user replaceable?
The crossfader is not user replaceable. If the crossfader requires service, we recommend contacting Denon DJ Technical Support for assistance.
What type of built in sound card does the MC4000 have?
MC4000 has a built in professional grade 24bit USB 2.0 audio interface. This unit has been tested on USB 3.0 with no issues.
Are the drum pads velocity sensitive?
The pads are On/Off only and are not velocity sensitive.
I am unable to hear myself on my headphones while I am talking on the microphone, why is that?
The MIC 1 and MIC 2 inputs as well as the AUX input are THRU directly to the MASTER OUT and will not play out of your headphones.
Can I use the MIC 1, MIC 2, and AUX inputs if the MC4000 is not connected to a computer?
Yes! The MIC 1, MIC 2, and AUX inputs are THRU to the MASTER OUT. This means that you can use all three inputs without the unit being connected to a computer/laptop.
Further Technical Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Denon DJ product, or if you just have pre sales questions, the Denon DJ technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.
- USB Audio / MIDI Interface: USB 2.0 (full speed), 12 Mbps
- Sampling Rate:
- 1, 48 kHz (0 channels in, 4 channels out)
- Bit Depth: 24 bit
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20,000 Hz (+1.0 dB)
- Dynamic Range:
- Digital to Analog Converter: > 112 dB (A weighted)
- Total: > 105 dB (A weighted)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: > 88 dB, A weighted
- Aux Input: > 17 dB
- Mic Input: > 20 dB
- Outputs: > 20 dB
- Channel Separation:
- (2) XLR outputs (master left/right, balanced)
- (2) RCA outputs (master left/right, unbalanced)
- (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) outputs (booth left/right)
- (1) 1/4” (6.35 mm) stereo headphone output
- (1) 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo headphone output
- (2) RCA inputs (aux left/right, unbalanced)
- (1) XLR+1/4” (6.35 mm) microphone input
- (1) 1/4” (6.35 mm) microphone input
- (1) USB port
- (1) power adapter input
- Analog Input
- Microphone: 60 dBu (min), 40 dBu (unity)
- Aux: +17 dBV (max), 0 dBV (unity)
- Analog Output:
- Master (XLR): +24 dBu (max), +4 dBu (unity)
- Master (RCA): +19 dBu (max), 0 dBu (unity)
- Booth: +24 dBu (max), +4 dBu (unity)
- Headphone: > 100 mW at 40 Ω
- Mic Input:
- Equivalent Input Noise:
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: > 75 dB
- Mic Effects:
- Talkover: 20 dB attenuation, 40 ms attack time, 250 ms hold time, 100 ms release time
- Echo: 199 ms rate, 6 dB feedback, ∞ to 0 dB range ( 9 dB center)
- EQ: +15 dB high band (1 kHz cutoff), +15 dB low band (1 kHz cutoff)
- Operation Conditions
- Temperature 41–95 °F, 5–35 °C
- Humidity 25–85 percent (non condensing)
- Power Adapter: 5 V DC, 3 A, center positive
- Input Voltage: 110–230 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Consumption: 9.5 W
- Size: 19.9” x 12.3” x 2.7”
- Weight: 8.95 lbs
- USB Cable
- Power Adapter
- Software Download Card
- Serato DJ Voucher Card
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
Premium 2 Deck controller for Serato
Includes Serato DJ Intro; user upgradeable to Serato DJ
Touch activated jog wheels for accurate scratching and track cueing
Dedicated Hot Cue and sample trigger pads with illuminated feedback
Long throw 100mm pitch faders